Holi Group Trip to Udaipur (just before the coronavirus lockdown!)
Baby & Travel Chronicles presents a photo montage of a group trip to Udaipur (March 7-10) – the last trip before the Coronavirus lockdown changed our lives forever.
Stay: The Royal Retreat Resort and Spa
Group Size: 14 Adults and 5 kids
- Since we had five 4-year olds in the group, we did not over plan and kept sightseeing to a minimal
- Focus was on spending quality time with family and friends – we had every meal together and each meal was a special experience
The following are the details of each day:
- March 7: Arrival and Evening drinks and dinner at The Royal Retreat who organized a special lawn dinner for our group
- March 8: Sightseeing around the City Palace, Lunch at Tribute Restaurant, Drinks and Dinner with a gorgeous view of the Lake and Udaipur at Enigma
- March 9: Picnic Lunch at a secret spot near the Badi Lake, Evening local shopping, Special birthday dinner organized at The Royal Retreat
- March 10: Epic Holi Party and afternoon departure
- The best part was experiencing the wonderful cuisine of Rajasthan: Laal Maas, Gatte, Kadi, Dal-Baati, Laal Maas – (did I mention Laal Maas?)
- Shopping for trinkets in Baapu bazaar is a perfect way to spend an afternoon with the girl gang
- The resort has various activities on site to keep kids engaged: horse riding was a hit with children and adults alike.
- Ask the pasty chef for a special culinary experience where you get to bake with him!